Thursday, February 26, 2009

Toothpick Gliders! ALRIGHT!

'Scuse me if I get excited, but these deserve it. These are gliders, designed and made completely by me, Ben, made only of toothpicks, 28 lb paper, and superglue(maybe some clay but it isn't required so doesn't count) They all fly extremely well, although my longest recorded flight is 4 seconds, count that out in your head right now and imagine a small cluttered house. Here's some pictures!
This is my imatation of the well known Fokker Dr.1 Triplane
This is.... somewhat random.. But flies very well!
This is my speedy little racer. It's such a joy to fly!
This is a historic replica of the Langley Aerodrome, flies BEST!
This is some random boring mono-plane that flies.. so-so
Haha, alright, this is an AutoGyro, gets lift from wind hitting the propeller, spinning it, and.. gets.. lift....... Doesn't work so well in miniature :-P But still fun to fly(or try)!
This is a somewhat-replica of the first plane to fly in Kentucky, very smooth slow glide.

AREN'T THEY AWESOME? lol. And the best part of all iiiiissssss.. YOU CAN HAVE ONE TOO! They're so EASY and CHEAP to build, I made a tutorial and put it online here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Introduction_5/ Enjoy and pass to any friends you might think like it! Or any huge school groups wanting something fun to do in an empty gym! !!! !!!!    !!!!!!        !!!!!!!!        !!!!!!!        !!!!!!!!        !!!!!!!!


~~~~BEnnn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Epic! I made this really cool monoplane that flies waaaay better than paper planes